advise

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a chance to check the archives, I will do that next but I
thought I'll try this first.  I need some help and I am not sure where to go
from here.  I have a 6 year old gelding that I was planning to endurance
this year.  I just bought him last Fall.  Anyway a couple of weeks ago I was
riding him with a friend of mine.  She was riding his stable buddy (I bought
both last Fall together, they came a package deal).  We had just finished
about an 8 mile ride and we were just walking home (riding).  We were riding
past this one place that owned a miniature horse (Fargus).  Well Fargus
escaped and came running down the driveway at us.  Both horses spun and
bolted, running down the pavement.  I managed to get Ty (my horse) slowed
down, but Spirit was running full force down the road.  When Ty noticed that
Spirit had left without him he tried to run forward but I was holding him
back and then the bucking started.  I got him over to the ditch and at that
point I bailed off.  He was on the high side so it was a long way down.  I
haven't ridden him since, except for a couple of lessons.  I am trying to
get my confidence back.    My question is:  Since it seems obvious that this
horse doesn't like to be left behind, and since the start of the ride is
usually shot gun.  I am scared that he will start bucking if I don't let him
run himself to death to keep up, also he isn't that brave on his own.  But
then this bucking incident could have been because it was his buddy that was
running and  that's all.  I am not sure if I should do all my training by
myself, or should I keep exposing him to stuff, should I stop training with
his cell mate.  So much for the one question thing.  I wouldn't exactly call
this spooking because he isn't that spooky, I mean I have a 12 year old at
home that I endurance that could teach the young ones how to spook really
well at a pile of sand on a gravel trail.  So because of this incident I
will not be taking my 6 year old to the ride on the 20th it will be the 12
year old going  any help you could give me is very much appreciated.  Please
post privately.

Thanks
Cathy and Moses (Mom, I thought you said that I could take a vacation this
summer)