Would a non-member join

I subscribed two years ago to Ridecamp upon the recommendation of a
friend who does some endurance. I was interested, but not committed.

I have found the subscribers to this list to be an extremely
knowledgeable group of people with a passionate interest in the
well-being of their horses--an inspiration to other horse owners. You
have "converted" me to the point that I am looking forward to trying
with my 3-year-old filly when she is old enough.

As a breeder, I also now would rather sell a horse to an endurance
rider, since most would give a young horse the best care available and
count on that horse being a faithful companion for years. And I would
lower the price to boot.

To hear the stories of the people who ride for the love it, not for the
love of winning; to hear of difficulties surmounted; obstacles overcome;
injuries sustained, treated with patience, and healed has been very
inspiring. I have learned about stone bruises, road founder, better
saddle fit, trailers (and trucks) that go the distance, better feeding
practices, Slypners, Easy Boots, supplements, heart rate monitors,
electrolytes, better saddle pads, more comfortable riding clothes... I
could go on and on.

And yes, I will join AERC.

Ridecamp is definitely a positive public relations force for AERC--I
speak from experience. I'm sure impressed. If somebody puts this group
down, don't listen.

Susan Felker
Black Ridge Arabians
http://www.swva.net/blackridge

Connie H. wrote:

"I know that I really enjoy the "discussions" on
Ridecamp, & have Really enjoyed meeting some of the people that I've
only
"known" on the computer screen!

"Would a Ridecamper who's not a member now - want to become one after
reading it?"