Fw: Equine Tip of the Day #160

I just got this "Tip of the Day" and wondered if some Ridecamp vets would
please comment.

Today's tip is from Karen McDonnell:
I had a quarter horse that kept tying up and I tried Vitamin E and
selenium, electrolytes, and many other things to get her to stop.
I found a new vet, and she suggested potassium acetate. I give just a
teaspoon a day and so far for five months she has not tied up.

Dorothy & Roshani
Oroville, CA