100 miler Awards

I have had a few responses regarding my requests for ideas for achievemnt
awards for 100 milers in South Africa.

Most of the responses have just been friendly replies and have recieved no
concrete suggestion yet !!

THERE HAVE BEEN NO ACHIEVEMENT awards for 100 milers in South Africa to
date.  Our goal is to make awards available or to give springbok colours for
this event .
The 100 miler organizers here in South africa are in the minority and
knowing what has been achieved in the states eg Tevis cup  will be holding
its 44th ride , Old dominion ride etc.

I even watched a video tape about the Tevis cup where Potato gave  a horse
to a tv presenter to ride !!

I have done only 1000km to date including 3 100 milers , two of the 100
milers were done on one of the toughest courses. My dream is to one day do
the Tevis !!!!

Time is running out and we have to put proposals forward regarding
achievement awards.

ANY ADDRESSES FOR CONTACTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Do colours get awarded in the U.S.A for 100 milers eg (Springbok colours)?
What are the pro`s and cons of the point system?
What do you think of rider horse combination awards ?

If anyone wants the first two letters regarding National champs please email
me privately.

Thank you
Greg Miles
El Barec Arabians www.icon.co.za/~elbarec