human electrolytes

Hey Linda!!  Funny you should mention human electrolytes!

this past weekend at Liberty Run, I experimented with a product that I
found. It worked great...better than I thought it would.

I have trouble with heat.  I'm built like a quarter horse...big bunchy
muscles, and do not dump heat easily.

I have been looking at running an ultra marathon and have been talking to
some of the runners about what they do for heat trouble.  There is a
product called Succeed!  and boy is it great stuff.
I got the electrolyte capsules and I also got the Amino powder.  It's
formulated for runners out there for over 10-12 hours at a time and has
been tested on such trails at the WST the OD and the Barkley.
The amino powder that I tried wasn't the best tasting stuff in the world,
it sort of tastes like watered down punch, but I drank about 1/2 a water
bottle of it per 10-15 mile loop and didn't have a bit of trouble in the
heat and humidity of S. Ga, and I usually have trouble in the first few
miles with heat and high humidity.  I also took an electrolyte cap at the
start and again before going out on each loop, so that was a help also.

I did start the ride out hydrated and that helps, and I drank water on
every loop and in between, but no more than I normally drink.  I had to go
to the bathroom every stop and at the end of 50 miles, I didn't feel like
I had been more than 25 or so!!  it was a great feeling to not feel
horrible after a ride and one that had such high humidity really helped
convince me!!

I will be using it again at the Old Dominion 50 in June, so I will update
if anyone is interested!!

the web site for the Succeed product is

http://www.fred.net/ultrunr/succeed!.html

**I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I sell or receive
any compensation for this endorsement.  I just really liked the product.

Also, a friend of mine who has some severe health problems used the
product and she did just fine the whole of the 100 mile ride!!

If you would like any further info that I may have, feel free to e-mail
me.

I cannot tolerate Gatorade or anything like that either.

samm--team coujur