Nerved horses

While our rules do not specifically address the issue of a nerved horse
I believe they should not be allowed to compete under rule 13.
This rule states:
13. The integrity of Endurance Competition requires that the equine is
not influenced by any drug, medication, or veterinary treatment.
Endurance equines must only compete entirely on their natural ability.
------

A reasonable reading of this rule would be that the nerved horse is
under the influence of a veterinary treatment i.e. the surgery to remove
or sever the nerve and hence should not be allowed to compete. If I were
asked as a ride manager to allow a nerved horse to enter I feel I would
be within my rights as  RM to refuse entry to the horse under rule 13.

Just one ride manager's [Frigid Digit - Central Region]  opinion.