AERC Bylaws Suggestions

Dear Ridecampers:

The AERC Bylaws Committee is looking for your input.  This fall AERC
will hold elections for Directors-at Large.  On this same ballot AERC
members will vote on amendments to our Articles of Incorporation and
Corporate Bylaws.  These amendments are required by the IRS in order to
keep our (501(c)(3) non-profit status.

This is the time to address any other Article and Bylaw issues.  For
example, there is a motion before the Board to require 100 mile horses
to be a minimum of 72 months old at the time of competition.  We are
also drafting language which will allow the Board to meet and vote over
the Internet to reduce administrative expense.

If you have any additional comments, suggestions or concerns regarding
the AERC Article or Bylaws, please E-mail me privately.  Thank you.

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud
Chair, AERC Bylaws Committee