Re: to ice or not to ice

On Wed, 20 May 1998 16:54:49 -0400, flemmerl@rcbhsc.wvu.edu (Flemmer,
Linda) wrote:

>> Is it legal or even okay to use iceboots at vet holds?

>Yes, if it is endurance, NO if it is CTR.

Uh, you better check with the head vet at the ride.  I know that some
ride vets will not allow ice during competition (including holds)
because of the anesthetic effect -- that it could mask symptoms the
vet needs to see.  AIR this was the position of the AERC Vet
Committee, too, but I'm not certain of that.  Heidi?

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net