Re: splints

I only started on ridecamp in April so I don't know what topics have been
discussed before.  I have already gotten 5 or 6 answers about my splint
problem.  This horse had splints on the front legs that have disappeared over
the years but I was surprised to see one on a rear leg and at this age.  I am
concerned because it was caused by a blow to the leg not hard work.  Vet got
back to me today and advised I trot him out to see if lame then she can do x-
rays and/or inject with steroid.  If not lame but still palpates sensitive
then more rest.  Most of the responses have said REST, up to 6 weeks or more.
Time heals most wounds.  I hope your problem has resolved.  Good luck and
happy trails.

Melanie in AZ