Mystery

Hi to my vast resource of information (ridecampers):

Any suggestions or comments please email me personally, unless it bears
being broadcast on ridecamp.

Got a problem with my soon to be 6 yo Arab gelding.  We've been doing 25's
for 11/2 seasons and did our first 50 end of last season.  No soundness
problems.  Completed all rides with all A's.  Top 10 most rides.

The problem first made itself very evident when I was taking dressage
lessons this winter.  My horse has never wanted to turn right and bend, but
it got to the point where my trainer couldn't even turn him.  He OVERBENDS
in his neck but doesn't "follow" with his body.

I had the equine chiro out and adjusted his SI, atlas, and 2 ribs on right.
 The only difference I saw was that James backed up straight whereas before
he didn't.  Had the vet out and did a flexion test....ever so slightly
positive on left hind.  She was as baffled as I.

Now he doesn't want to be lead on his right side nor groomed.  He isn't
hurting to the touch anywhere although very tight above and around cervical
spine.  When I do try to lead him, groom him near his head/neck, ask for
movement on the ground from his right side he bites, yawns, or throws his
head...

When I do these things on his left, there is no reaction.  He is VERY
dominant!

When I was riding him two weeks ago (he's not been ridden since because of
right hoof abscess.)  I could feel him almost pulling on the right rein.

I want to compete him this season, but I don't want to reinforce a habit,
posture, or ? .

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions!

Thanks,
Susie