sap removal

VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
I know this might sound strange....and might not be "endurance" related (so
e-mail me privately pease) but...does anyone out there have horses that get
pine tree sap on themselves?  I have been using alcohol, but it seems to
take forever and doesn't really work that well.  Does anyone have any
"solvents" that are safe and work well?
Paula
P.S. I'd love to cut all the pines down...but there are just too many of
them!