riding clothes

I have worn and liked Carousel, Kerritts and a brand found at the local tack
shop called O'Keahey's.  The Kerritts are the most expensive but have lasted
and worn well.  The O'Keahey's are a bit heavier but should last.  My least
favorite are the Helmet Helpers as they are too thin and don't last.  I
haven't tried the Patagonia brand (doesn't look as though I'll get a chance)
or the Saddlebums but having positive feedback on their value helps in making
the decision to fork out $90.
I have ridden in the Ariat paddock boot made from the man-made material (don't
know the name) for almost 3 years.  This material is great as it needs no care
only water to wash them off.  This is the first boot I've been able to
tolerate.  I still use a gel footliner to pad the sole.  Yes, the laces aren't
good but to have a boot that is safer than tennis shoes and be able to get off
and run (well, walk) is wonderful.
The most important piece of equipment is my helmet.  Wear it every time!!
Melanie in AZ