Fw: Skowronek Question/Arkansas Jihad

-----Original Message-----
From: Bonifield/Poulson <bonifarm@oro.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 5:47 AM
Subject: Skowronek Question/Arkansas Jihad

>I was intrigued by the S. African gentleman's question regarding
>Skowronek; my computer threw up when I tried to download all the info he
>sent. I also privately e-mailed him and have not heard back yet. Mention
>was made of the Otts and the BlueList-Blue Star business from way back
>in the 70's. Those people were BIZARRE to say the least, eccentric
>breeders with a fanatical view of purity-- one could call them the Jihad
>of Arkansas. It's a real shame to see anyone trashing wonderful old
>Skowronek, just like people trashing *Bask bred horses. There are good
>and not so good in both bloodlines; the cross has produced some pretty
>fantastic individuals.So for those of you not familiar with the Blue
>star-Blue List folks (the Otts and Co.), take what they have to say
>about Skowronek and Lady Wentworth with a large dose of electrolytes!

To  Bonifield/Poulson

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you I have been away also to
read that Endurance bloodlines are "off the topic "
That is like saying the engine of Mclarec/Mercedes has nothing do do with
Grand Prix racing!!!!!!!! What has weigh stations got to do with endurance ?
As a matter of fact it is closely related just like bloodlines.!

Anyway I will heed all gestures and send any answers on Bloodlines to
individual e-mail addresses

be perfect . We all have a goal in life where as other people are happy with
the run of the mill . I am very open minded and enjoy constructive criticism
in any way . I published the Ian Thompson letter because it was very
interesting and was also substanciated by Pictures (Which weren`t sucked out
of his thumb).

I am interseted in the history of any line and have got a crabbet mare and
stallion myself . I must look up their lines to see how pure they are ( ie
Crabbett). The stallion did his first season this year and i have high hopes
for him .

I do not like to elaborate on subject`s which I am not completely familiar
with and therefore cannot answer any questions on (the Otts and Co.)

Cheers Greg Miles
El Barec Arabians
South africa