Re: Trail food and fluid shifts

suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Anyway, this is why I think Karen's idea of feeding cookies, or anyone
 else training their horse to grab a bite of d**n near anything on the
 run is a TERRIFIC idea.

All you guys seem willing to let your horses eat on the trail as long as they
can do it at a trot.  I always let my horse stop for a few mouthfuls when he
wants to.  I have a paractical reason for this.  A horse I used to ride all
the time would snatch mouthfuls of food as he went by, however, one day he
grabbed at something that didn't come up right away and he didn't let go of it
and almost summersaulted head over heels.  He actually didn't fall completely
down but darn close.  Anyway, it's just easier to stop and eat than eat on the
run.....Maryben