RE: Rider Wear

 Cindy,

Well since I was named I guess I must de-lurk for one note.  There is such a
person as C. Mike Tomlinson and, in fact, I do wear SaddleBums when I ride.
Please see the cover of the December issue of Endurance News, where it is
tough to see, but those are SaddleBums.  Also, the US Endurance Team does wear
SaddleBums in the championships.

There are several styles of SaddleBums, from very light to winter wear.  I
wear them because they are very cool in the hot summer desert rides and going
through the mesquite and trimmed bushes they do not tear.  When I have met an
immovable very sharp object, they did rip but they did not run like most I
have tried in the past.

When I ride in most any saddle they seem to have the right amount of grip.
They are shiny but they seem to have a weave that is not slippery on leather.
When I ride bareback, though, it is just like you sprayed silicone on a Teflon
pan.  It must have something to do with the design of the fabric.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the company that makes SaddleBums, but I
do believe in getting the word out on a very good product.

Sincerely,
     Mike

C. Mike Tomlinson
CMikeT@AOL.com