Re: Slant trailers

Don't buy a slant just 'cause it is the "in" thing. In a lot of cases a
front load with manger allows more space/room for the horse. The problem
with some slant loads is that they are too narrow, from head to tail.
The horse can't relax its head. While in the manger type, the horse can
relax and extend their head out and over the manger.

I did buy a slant load, but I bought the widest available. Some brands
were quite narrow. My mare went in a friends trailer, and with the hay
bag, she literally didn't have any room to move her head.

Lauren