Re: resistance to Ivomec

Dear Susan,
    Ridecamp's resident Vet, Heidi could probably answer this better than I,
but I have heard that some horses, particularly endurance horses or other
horses who have a low body-fat percentage, and engage in extended "excercise"
have experienced problems with Quest because of the way the product
metabilizes in the animal's body.  Quest is metabilized differently than
ivermectin, it is fat-sensative.  This is a very bad explanation, and as I
said, Heidi (cmksagehil@aol.com) could explain it MUCH better . . . hopefully
she'll see this and answer your question.
    The ridecamp archives might have some info on this too . . .

Trish & "pretty David"
(btw, I liked your quote . . .)

<< So, what's up with Quest?  I've been curious about the product.  Before I
 try it I'd be interested in hearing the good versus the bad.

 Susan >>