Re: Quest

I had used Quest at the recommendation of my vet clinic starting in the
Fall.  They heard wonderful things about it.  So I used it in November
and again at the end of January.  By February my TB, Star, had lost so
much weight it was alarming!  I kept blamming the weather,  the feed,
etc.  Finally the barn owner said what are you worming him with ... and
I said the new Quest.  She said get him off it immediately and do a
quick rotation of a mild wormer for 3 days and then re-worm him in 30
days with Ivermectrin or Zemectrin.  So I asked her why!  And she told
me that anyone she knows that has wormed with Quest has had this massive
weight loss in their horses.  She does not feel it is a coincidence.  I
was going to have his stool check by the vet, but I also had my peruvian
paso coming around this time, so I just did the 3 day rotation and then
in 30 days I used Invermectrin.
At this time we also started him on a custom horse feed to try to get
weight back on him.  Well today, my Stud Muffin TB looks like he is
worth a million bucks!  Absolutely magnificent.

Now I can't say for sure if using the Quest caused him to go down hill
this winter.  All I know is it didn't happen until I used Quest.  So at
this point I am staying away from it.

Anne K