resistance to Ivomec

hey guys..I have a question for you!!  I have heard from another list that
I am on that a horse recently died from parasite infestation due to
resistance to ivomec. Supposedly this horse was de-wormed regularly with
Ivomec, died anyway from build up of parasites.  I think probably this was
just a coincidence, plus, the person asking was a dog person, not a horse
person, so he didn't know what the regular de-worming consisted of.
It could be the owner thought it was once yearly or something like that, I
don't know.  I regularly use Ivomec and feel that it's doing a good job. I
do rotate.

Endurance related why?  If I ask my horse to run 50 miles and he is
parasite laden, that can't be good.  I'm curious. Please reply privately
if you have any insights...bartesc@mail.auburn.edu

Also, I dont' know any further details on this horse or where it was when
it died.  It was a dog list that I am on that reported it.

I just wanted to know if any research was supporting the story of
resistance to Ivomec.

thanks

samm--team coujur