Shoes-Pads-Sneakers-ST

Been reading all the mail about the use of the PADS -SHOCKTAMERS and
--SHOES -SNEAKERS Equithoitcs.

At the ROC this past year in PA the winner Loretta used SHOCKTAMERS and
I believe so does ZaneGrey-- rats cant remember the riders name-- and I
know her.. things are bad when you can re-call the horses
names..KATHY--thats it..

At the ROC in 96  Utah-- I was in the Kanavy crew -- all 4 of us.. Val
started Fire with Sneakers.. and Cash with shocktamers.. Kirk Adkins the
inventor of the Sneaker was there..
At VC 3 Cash was not going too well for Val-- so  Val had Sneakers put
on Cash.
He never moved out so well --and has been going in them ever since.. I
dont think she uses them all the time but at most hard going races..AT
the WEG they both ran with Sneakers.. I think Fire used them on all 4
while Cash had them on the front.

I also think Sherliy Delsart and Dusty use the Sneaker???

I dont know for a fact --but maybe Winkie used the Slypner vs the
Sneaker.. the EQ Sneakers dont 'fall' off.  Assume they were installed
correctly.. I think Winkie and Mathew use the same shoer Val uses.. and
he does know how to put on sneakers.

I use and re-sell both the SHOCKTAMER pad and the SNEAKERS as well as
the MUSTAD Nail SHU..

( This one is an open std alum--- shoe covered in  polymer plastic..
does not give much wear .. but does take up shock and it is legal for
NATRC CTR.. )I use these on my old ctr horse..except IF we do the IAHA
NAt ride she will go back to the SNEAKERS..the ride site is rough and
rocky and at 6 mph I want more protection..

For endurnace I use the SNEAKER. we have never lost one in a ride..
The sneaker does have a problem in slime mud.. however my guys are
getting use to them and learn how to travel in the slop.
We used them at the wet grassy 50 mile of the KTY Horse Park 50 -at
speed -5 hrs--and our back yard site the Gee Creek 50.. no slips falls..
just good going.
Carol has them on her new -renta endurance horse-- did a 2 day 55 in the
mud at (natrc) and he did great..rode for miles only since the shoe is
not legal-- took him about 10 miles to get it together  but did no major
slides. and he can really fly a big trot.
over rocks -stones etc..

We use the St Croix Eventers behind AND we use 2 (two) MUSTAD(CAPWELL)
DURA-TRAC nails per shoe-- in the LAST nail holes.. They sure do help
with rear end slip. We use a 5E  nail its larger then the std 5 nail and
it acts like a very small stud until it wears down. We have not had any
problems with raised clinches..

For now at least it appears we have our shoeing problems resolved.. and
a good shoer that will try new stuff and work to correct problems..he
also competes..that helps..

Off to Biltmore.. both of us on the 50   so no crew this time.. and both
horses can move  so this will be fun when Carol and I can both travel
fast.. should be a nice' race'   but then the ride vet is the owner of
Carols ride.. may slow us down :)..
rr