Re Shoes not lasting.

Hi there my name is Greg Miles and I live in the countryside is South
Africa and breed Arabians mainly for endurance.
I have got a little Arab Stallion(14`2) and he runs all day and I have
often been to a ride without training , due to the fact that I was to busy
to train .He keeps himself fit if there is a mare or new horse he can see.

He is also wears down his shoes quickly and a few times I have welded up
(arc welded)where the shoes have worn down and they definately last longer.
On the other hand a vet told me that if a shoe is too hard is does not
absord any of the shock . Maybe pads can be put on with the shoes to absorb
the shock ?

I got hold of some military shoes which were not used as they were to
difficult to shape, or maybe they took to long to shape .After using these
shoes for 2 weeks and 100 miler you could still clearly see the number
under the shoe . I stopped using them because I was scared they were not
absorbing enough shock .

Can any one shed any light on this matter.
thank you
Greg Miles.

Those of you who enjoy Trail riding check out this great African game ,
trail riding site in South Africa,organized by Arikara Appaloosas.
http://196.7.177.40/aht
This is definately a great experience which I really enjoyed !!