Re: ride names

   Date:         Fri, 1 May 1998 00:37:30 EDT
   From:         BMcCrary27 <BMcCrary27@aol.com>

<< I was just wondering (and I might be the only one wondering....)but
 where do some of these ride names come from?? >>

Castle Rock ride name came from the park in the Santa Cruz Mts. and from
horsemen's assn. by the same name. This group was involved in organizing
the
first Castle Rock ride in 1967 (it's the oldest continuous running 50
miler in
the world).  Swanton Pacific is named after a narrow-gauge railroad
built by
our late neighbor. He used to work for Southern Pacific RR and so named
his
hobby railroad Swanton (for the community) Pacific. The name had a nice
ring
to it, a good deal of dignity, and our neighbor was flattered that we
wanted
to use the name. Also, the original trail passed through three areas of
old
logging railroads. Hence, the railroad theme on our logo and a railroad
name.

Barbara McC