Keeping flyies off horses

Have used avon skin so soft on my horses.  I use the oil with a spray
pumper and it seems to stay on better than other things that go when the
horse sweats.  Here in E TX we can count on the horse sweating except in
mid winter.  Many hunters, military etc use it when out in the woods. I
quit using Deep Woods Off when it spilled on a non-leather purse and
literally disintegrated it.  Maybe not a big deal, but if SOS works why
bother with it.  Mary Ann, Zavalla, Tx