Re: Beet Pulp

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Susan Evans Garlinghouse wrote:

> Hmmm...did I say that and have just forgotten, or was that Heidi's
> suggestion?  If beet pulp possibly causing choke in the trailer was
> Heidi's opinion, then I would go with her judgment.
>
> Susan

I can't remember exactly who said what, but you and Heidi were both
responding to the issue at that time, and it seems to me that you both
agreed that the danger of choke was too high.  I thought that feeding my
soaked shredded beet pulp & chopped alfalfa hay mush in the trailer on
long hauls would be a good way to get extra water in Lakota, but you (one
or both of you) said that unless he was loose (not tied) in a space big
enough to get his head down and cough, the danger of choke was too high,
and I should stick with flake hay.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL