Re: WSFR III

>I would like to know what emergency supplies I could reasonably carry and how
>to apply them.  The biggest risk I'm not prepared for is excessive bleeding,
>
>Perhaps Kahlua's misfortune could be turned into a valuable lesson and wake-up
>call for the rest of us.

As an OB nurse, people at work laugh when I snarf up on "contaminated"
kotex, the ones that drop on the floor and such.  These are the old
fashioned big fluffy kind.  They fold or roll up well.  Pop one or some and
a vet wrap into a ziplock and you have a great pressure dressing.  Even if
you have to buy a small package, this is cheap, and very lightweight.   Many
nurses I know do this and keep one in the glove compartment for auto
accidents.

Broken bones, people or horse, same tools, with the addition of a stick or
two, pad and wrap tight.  This should immobilize well enough to get to help.

I am a great one for what if's.  I look at any situation and think "what is
the WORST thing that can happen in this situation.?"   If I can think of a
way out of the prediciment, it just makes me feel better.  Also puts things
into perspective most of the time.

Becky Hackorth

Alpine CA

anyone who sees me at PS rides can get one or some of these ( minus the vet
wrap )