RE: High Heart Rates for no Reason

Roxi
You may be getting erratic readings from the monitor.  It happens to me
occasionally, especially at the beginning of a ride and if he has some
long fur left.  It is frustrating and freighting when you get these
readings.  I try to watch the monitor (kinda hard to do at the trot) to
see if the little "heart" symbol is beating regularly or is erratic.
Also, I have stopped and get a measurement when he is stopped to see if
it goes down to 80 to 90 immediately from say 200 to 230.  I have had
these high readings when I was getting bad readings.  Another clue is
that no matter how fast I went or slowed down the trot, the reading did
not change.  Your horse is like mine, even trotting up hill he gets
about ~140.  When we first start out he is alittle higher, but then
settles down.
I think you did the right thing to call it off.  These are just my
experiences with my V-Max monitor that works very well 95% of the time.
Hope this helps.
Tony C