Re: Mental Checkout

Thomas,

Thanks for responding to my post.  Perhaps tie up is the wrong term.  Her
symtoms were cold sweating, glassed over eyes and her legs were buckling.  The
only reason she stayed up was she had an uphill cliff two inches from her
side.  It took about 45 minutes of water, rubbing, and screaming in her ears
to get her back and only then did we slowly begin to walk out.  Scared the
h----- outta me!

I work almost every day on her gait transitions and responding to me.  In the
arena, and local trails she listens to me.  This reaction was a total surprise
to me.  I have been afraid to start at the front because she is so competitive
that i was afraid she would run herself out and have nothing left to finsh
with.  But, heck, it's worth a try.  Can't be any worse than what I got the
last time, can it?

Thanks a lot,
Randi/Spiritdog Ranch