Re: First 50 miler advice/high altitudes

>How about Vitamin E???  Once I added it to my regimen, I was able to visit
>altitude (12,000) without Sirroche (spelling?) -- i.e. altitude sickness.
>Haven't tried 14,000!!! Don't EVER want to have altitude sickness again!!
>
>What about horses, though??
>
>Thanks
>Barbara

In 96 two of us from FL went to Utah for the ROC.  The base altitude of
Torrey is about 7000 and the trail went up from there.  The horses
acclimated well.  Watching the HRM it took Misty about a week.  It took me
longer.

I didn't do anything special except rest her after the long trip and hack
aroung exploring the trail for three weeks prior the the ride.

BTW watch Red Cell.  It is very high in Se.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - "She wasn't with us long - but boy will we miss her"
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL