Re: RADIOS AND PROMPTING

Ramey:
Regarding<<<<Would you address the issue of riders collecting information
> about their horses and then transmitting it via radio to their crew for
> future analysis?>>>>

If you have the technology to gather such information in real time I would
expect you to download it into a computer after the ride for analysis. What
would be the reason to have such data transmitted by radio? This question
puzzles me since you state "future analysis".

Your statement <<<Whatever your opinion, if you could cite a basis of Board
resolutions,  decided protests or other authoritive sources, it would be
appreciated.>>>

At one time we assembled all the precedents, protests and other
authoritative sources beginning in 1977 and sent them to the office to be
used. This use never occurred and when precedents etc were cited we were
told they were irrelevant and the newest decision was it. So you can see we
did not and do not collect these items as we should and we do not refer to
them as an aid in decision making. Seems we must re-invent the wheel every
so often. (and sometimes it is square and some times an octagon, rarely a
circle) You can sense our frustration and know why we are taking a back
seat on all but extreme items.

<<<I am not asking for your personal opinion as most of us know you prefer
> the good old days form of riding.  >>>>

We seemed to have a lot more fun then!!!

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID