Re: Castle Rock ride

We're in California. There's a Castle Rock State Park in the Santa Cruz Mts.,
and although the ride no longer passes through the park, the name has stayed
with the ride since its inception in 1967. Rainfall here to date is over 65",
and every day we have a few more showers. Plus, it's colder than normal for
this time of year - 39 degrees at 7:00 AM today. We're only a mile or so
airline from the Pacific Ocean and our year around average temperature is 60
degrees - seldom too high or too low.

We're very happy with the rain as far as pasture for the cattle and horses,
but the ground is so saturated that we've had MANY slides and washes. the road
into our staging area is a disaster, the ground at camp is too soft to support
trucks and trailers, and we haven't all of the trails restored yet.  Time off
for this year; let's hope next year is better. Should be OK for our Swanton
Pacific 100 in August.

Our next production - Applegate-Lassen Trail 5-day ride in Nevada May 31-June
4.