kickers....

since we're on the subject.....and this HAS occurred to me too.....maybe
someone can answer this.  my youngster (2 year old filly) will not be eligible
for rides for a while....but we are preparing her now.  but here's the
gist.... i know for a fact, that when she is stressed or scared, she WILL turn
her butt to another horse.  the solution?  HUGE red ribbon in her tail, stay
away from everyone else while we're on the ground, and warn everyone who comes
within distance.  she is definitely not a problem when she is in motion.

does this mean we're going to be barred from competition?  because i already
know i need to be far more aware of others and let them know it too?  kind of
unfair to a fantastically promising athlete...with an owner who takes all
those extra precautions.  i mean...its NEVER a good idea to get too close to
the back end of ANY horse..especially one you dont know.

just wondering.....

Mary Moore and the Sable Arab
in NY