body clipping

Hi-
I am in the process of starting to condition a new horse that has been a
pasture ornament for the past three years.  She still has all of her winter
hair.  I clipped her head just to see what she really looked like under all
that hair.  Here is my question: Even with fairly light workouts, she is
sweating to the point of soaking that coat and it takes forever to cool her
out.   I was wondering if it would cause problems to body clip her.  I do
have a blanket available for her if I should do that also.  Will it cause
her summer coat to be damaged?  Will it change her body schedule so that she
grows hair at the wrong time of year?  We live in Northern Utah and she is
in a barn at night so is not out exposed to the elements.  We could work a
little longer time frame if I didn't have to spend so much time drying her
off but will work around that if I have to.  Thank you for your advice-if
you want to email me privately so as not to clutter the list, that would be
fine.
Thank you,
Carrie and Mysti
Ogden, UT