Ride Meals

> >But, as a vegetarian........I rarely get to 'enjoy' the provided
> dinner.......don't eat steaks, burgers, dogs, chicken...etc.
> >Ride Managers...........maybe a check mark on the ride entry for a veggie
> burger option....

> Well, give us some ideas then!!  ?????  I'm going to try and have something
> at our ride this year besides steaks and burgers.  Even though I do eat meat,
> I generally don't like it after a meal.

Karen!  (hello!)   You don't like to eat meat after a meal, huh? ^^^^  hehe

> I need ideas for food that we can fix in large quantities, keep it hot (or
> cold) if need be and what won't cost us a fortune, since we already have to
> buy so much food as it is.  Also, it needs to be something that doesn't
> require a huge amount of preparation.

I figure a veggie burger doesn't take any more prep than regular
burgers.Vegetarian lasagna (bulk from Costco) is a great treat!
Pasta    -  with alternate marinara sauce
All kinds of salads........(but it bums me out when someone makes a killer
potato salad and throws in bacon! Try to keep non-meat dishes free of animal
products!)

I never do complain about not eating the post ride dinner.  It's just that the
subject came up and I thought I'd throw in my perspective. I always plan for my
own meal post ride. Even if there are alternative veggie options, I have
noticed that sometimes meat-eaters will decided to "try something different"
and eat the food that was intended for the vegetarian.

Let's just ride!  (if it ever does stop snowing up here!)

--
Deanne Del Vecchio & GABE~~~vegetarian pony~~
AERC MEMBER~~WEST