If it can be done - - -

If a horse can do it, an Arab will try it - at least once -
Failure to have the room to pass creates the problem.  I can "hear" myself saying - "come-on", "come-on", as our momentum gets slowed by riders in front, on a narrow trail.  So, just like I do driving in traffic, I do my best to Back-Off!  Remember "Yosemite Sam"?

My favorite way to ride - is with a couple other riders who's horses all get along, travel about the same speed, & rotate position all day.  The horses get used to this & don't waste energy worrying.

This is probably why I enjoy the wide open rides like Animal House, where you can see for miles & plan a strategy with plenty of room for passing!

P.S.  Results on last weekends ride Sue?

Connie H.