ankle problem?

Ridecamp:

Need advise.  My horse is giving me a slight hop while going up a pretty
steep inclines at a trot, kinda like he is going  to change gates.  He does
not do it all the time and its usually only one hop. He will give  me a
pretty amazing workout but this is bothering me.  He seems to be a little
hesitant on the downhills except when going home.  Nothing bothers him when
he is going home.

His right ankle is slightly larger than the left.  No heat or swelling.

Chris & Nancy Martin
Hoot Hell Ranch
Penn Valley, CA