endurance benefits from NATRC

Ruth, I agree with what you said about NATRC vs. endurance.  I began
NATRC in 1972 and learned so much!  And what's wrong with having a
horsemanship judge give you the beady eye?  The point is, that his/her
comments are there to help you camp more safely and to *ride better*,
i.e.,  more lightly, thereby helping the horse do its job better.  I
admit, some of the "obstacles" are pretty farfetched.  Some horsemanship
judges seemingly have to be more inventive than others because IMHO they
lack the skills to pick apart a rider's  basic equitation and need a
trick obstacle to give them  some scores.    My feeling is that both
disciplines are good, are needed, and feed into each other, just as Ruth
said.   Cheers (;-), Connie B  (Calif.)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]