Re: Determining conditioning distances

In a message dated 98-04-06 00:35:56 EDT, sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

<< How do you know when you're conditioned well enough to enter a
 competition? >>

When my horse can travel 12 to 15 miles in training in an hour to an hour and
a quarter and recover to 60 within a few minutes and continue to recover to
normal within 15-20 minutes, I feel ready to go COMPLETE a 50.  (NOT to race.)
I then start adding completions on rides to my conditioning program.

Heidi