scratches

Last year my horse got scratches also know as greasy heel or dew
poision.
He got it on all 4 heels and it was a real bugger to heal. I tried
everthing sourkrout, desitin, dmso & nolvasan I wrapped & washed nothing
seemed to work. It finally dried up. So this year I got to realized that
my horses fetlock feathers are quite thick. I usually shave these off
for a nice neat look. But this year I have decided to leave them alone
for protection from the rough terrain we go over in endurance. After all
the fetlock feathers were put there for a reason right? JT