Re: LD's, BC Scoring, and AERC(long)

In a message dated 98-04-03 23:59:11 EST, horsetrails@inficad.com writes:

<< If I join dosen't my dues payment
 ensure me that an AERC sanctioned ride will be run in the manner that I can
 expect based on AERC standards?  If not, why join?

There are still some lacks in this department, but believe me, it IS getting
better!  Why join?  So that you can have some input when it ISN'T right, and
try to make it better!

On the flip side, there is a lot of discretion left to ride vets.  If the
exams are definitely lacking, that is one thing, but don't make the mistake of
confusing a RAPID exam with a less-than-thorough exam.  You are right that if
NOTHING is looked at, that is bad, but many experienced ride vets can go over
a horse VERY rapidly and see a lot, while some with little or no endurance
experience can go over a horse for half an hour and still miss the important
conclusions.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Heidi