[Fwd: Volunteering at rides]

-- BEGIN included message

Andrea Faustina wrote:

> H I would like to come prepared in both what I wear (should I dress as I do for a recreational ride, boots and jeans, or should I wear more comfortable shoes and clothes such as sneakers and sweats?)  and what I bring (I will be bringing a pen/pencil and stethoscope anything else?)

You should dress for the weather (wear layers), bring rain gear, and wear the MOST comfortable clothes & shoes you have.  I don't like sneakers around that many horses since your chance of getting stepped on is high.  Pencils don't work on wet rider's cards and they break.  I'd recommend 2 pens, a stethoscope, and a watch with a second hand, sun screen, hat, snacks & drinks for yourself (you are often jumping to vet stops ahead of the food).

Be prepared for a long day of standing....  I often bring a lawn chair and a novel with me for those down times between the front runners and the middle of the pack group.

I hope that you have a great time.  Volunteering is the next best thing when I can't attend and ride.

Linda Flemmer

-- END included message