Multiple thanks!

Due to time constraints, I'm not able to respond personally to all of the
great notes that I have received recently in response to my questions.  I
appreciate the time that everyone has taken to help me out in my new
endeavor! ;-)

On stirrups:  It looks like the Cloud stirrups without the cages get the
nod.  I'll let you all know how I like them after I've had a chance to try
them out.

On LD riders as second class citizens:  Adequate preparation and a good
attitude seems to be the key here...and I realize that there are ALWAYS
going to be rude people encountered.  It's no different here than it is in
any other activity that I've undertaken.  Since my husband occasionally
calls my normal attitude as a bit "Pollyanna", I don't think I'll have any
problems.  I tend to not get bothered by much of anything!! ;-)

On starting horses with 50s:  I'm convinced that my approach is sound and
sane, for my own good as well as my horse's!  I'll do LD rides until I'm
comfortable that neither my horse or I will suffer any problems by doing a
50.  I'm diligent and pretty well organized so I feel confident that I can
assess the appropriate time to move up.

Again, thank you all for your help.  I am getting a very positive
impression about this discipline and the people involved.  And I won't be
afraid to ask question...NO question is a *stupid* question...the person
that asks no questions at all is the one that is stupid! ;-)

Sue