LD lite story

I am de-lurking after reading all the LD and 50 miler "stuff". I was the first
ride manager in Michigan to put on a LD ride.  However, we have 25 mile
competitive rides all the time.  Usually, on Sudays we only run 25 mile comp.
rides.

In Michigan we have some real joksters.  They try and find some way to play a
practical joke.  One time, all the Arabs woke up on Sunday as Appallossas.
Some one had put spots on with a grease stick.

Anyway, one Sunday I was coming into the 2 mile mark (most people walk into
camp from here & you must maintain forward motion from this point on). The
person I was riding with and I were a little slower than the rest of our
group.  So we decided to make up time and do a nice canter to catch up.
Normally I ride endurance.  So as we came upon our group who were dutifully
walking, we called out, "Endurance Riders Coming". Boy are these guys well
trained!!! Everyone of them politely pulled off the trail to let us through.
We came along side and started to walk and said "Gottcha".

Thought you all might like a humorous story about LD and 50 milers.

Becke Grams (Can't wait to see what they do next)