Re: Bananas for Horses

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, CMKSAGEHIL wrote:

> This does remind me of a story, though--over the years, I have been presented
> with some pretty yucky vet cards that have been marinated in various things,
> from sweat to water troughs to electrolyte mixes, but the one that takes the
> prize in 17 years of vetting rides is one that was sharing a fanny pack with a
> ripe banana...
  ^^^^

Just a word of advice to people whoo might be thinking that one can solve
this problem by trying to take along un-ripe bananas.

No matter how green the banana was before you put it in your fanny pack, 5
miles of bumping along down the trail will turn it completely black, and
it will be a gooey mess.  As far as I know, the only kind of banana that
travels well in a fanny pack is a dehydrated one :).

kat
Orange County, Calif.