Re: Another question on electrolytes & hydration

In a message dated 98-03-29 00:40:31 EST, hought@humboldt1.com writes:

<< Do some horse require less salt and stay hydrated easier? >>

Hi, Gail--

From what I have observed, there is a BIG variation in what different horses
need.  Some just about crash without electrolytes, but the one I have ridden
the most the past few years (and who was PNER mileage champ in '95) gets NO
electrolytes, eats like a vacuum cleaner, drinks oodles, stays fat while
campaigning, has great hydration and gut sounds, and has plenty of energy.  If
one gives him electrolytes, it just spoils his appetite, so I don't risk it.

Heidi