Bananas for Horses

Another boarder at my barn feeds occasional bananas to her elderly (+/- 35)
Morgan mare.  I know that bananas are high in potassium.  It occurred to me
that perhaps they might be a good treat for me to use on long conditioning
rides (I don't my gelding would mind terribly if they had a few bruises
from the ride <g>).

I'm fairly new to all this, so maybe this sounds like a crazy idea to
everybody else.  Responses??

Cindy Eyler & Jack (I eat everything!)
Baltimore MD