Re: Electric Corrals

Although electric corrals are nice, I'd like to caution against leaving horses
unattended in them at any time.  Your own horse may be perfectly well-behaved,
but as a ride vet, I've had far too many stitching parties and watched far too
many search parties at rides where something has spooked somebody's horse, he
has gotten loose, and he has run through camp "liberating" several horses from
their electric corrals as he runs through the fences.  Not a pretty picture.
Some of our ride managers are so disgusted with this that they actually no
longer allow unattended horses in electric corrals in camp.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)