XP2001

Here's the latest on XP2001:

Begins early June, 2001 St. Joseph, MO
Ending early August, Sacramento, CA
AERC sanctioned as 40 individual 50-mile events and 8 multiday (5-day) events.
Each day is a separate event, so any horse can be ridden on any given day.
It will be 5 days on, and 2 days off.

Dave Nicholson is taking ride entries now. He is going to limit the number
of entries, but doesn't know the exact number yet. Will depend on BLM
and FS permits, and private land owner's wishes. Entry fee is $2600 for
the entire event ($65/day). This is non- refundable, but can be transferred
or sold to another person.  He currently has 33 entries, and another 22
'in the mail'.

And Dave is going to try to have the riders use GPS's to navigate,
rather than flagging 2000 miles of trail. What a thought!

That's as much as I know...

Steph