morabs and endurance

Some people asked about morabs and endurance.  My morab is a big guy and
just going into his 3rd year of conditioning.  I think he falls in the
catagory of the bigger horse who needs to get a bigger base and takes a
little longer to peak.  Although he was stall bound almost a month with
an abcess, pasture loose but not ridden another 2 months because of rain
and a sore back, he is still very fit and can probably do an LD no
problem.

His temperment is relaxed...he is  a bit more laid back then needed at
this point, but he picks up my cues and will go straight to business as
long as I do.  Otherwise, he will gladly goof off and get away with
whatever he can if I also let him.  Like the arabs, he is extremely
intelligent, personable and independant.

I think they make fine endurance horses, but also they come in all
sizes, so it is probably more of the size and chunkiness that
matters.....

Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."yeah, I'll work, but don't mind hangin
out in this huge pasture either....")
Pt.Reyes, CA