Re: Re Congrats to Karen on her win

I had a wonderful Appy mare who would have been a good endurance horse. She
was foaled at our place when I was a kid. I had her til she was 28. Fresca
was a cat on trails and rough terrain, didn't spook at stuff, and could go
all day. She was a kid-safe horse too and taught lots of kids to ride.
Alas, by the time my kids were grown and I could start doing what I wanted
in life, Fresca was too old for distance riding.

I tried replacing her with a younger Appy gelding who was crazy and almost
killed me. I really miss the old girl.

chris paus adn Star (who is supposed to be a Quarab but it's awful hard to
find the QH in him)