Borium Shoes

One year at the AERC Convention I won the Grand, Grand prize in the
raffle. It was announced at the end of the awards banquet, sort of like
the highlight of the raffle. It was an eight year old endurance gelding
bred and raised by the Wrigley Ranch (as in gum) on Catalina Island! The
owner in Santa Barbara had donated it to the AERC for a $15,000
donation.

When I picked up the horse I was handed an extra set of shoes to go with
the beautiful horse? She said that these and the ones on the horse were
very special and expensive and I should save them. They were borium
studded. Finding out why was not a highlight of my horse ownership. The
gift horse had no whoa genes and a penchance for running away, hence the
borium for trying to stop or turn on pavements at fast speeds.

Steve